I like to read. I really do. But I’m not a good candidate for most book clubs. My preferred reading materials includes a novel here and there, but leans heavily toward books that would be considered self-help, non-fiction, or philosophy. I love thinking about ways to improve my life and I tend to pick out books that are considered more of a professional or personal development ilk.
I’ve recently discovered audio books. I love Audible! Its a bit of a mixed bag as I usually like to highlight and make notes in my books and that is hard to do when driving down the road. I’ve loved listening to something that makes me think while I’m driving, cleaning, cooking, etc.
Here’s just a sample of what I’ve read/listened to the past year:
- The Power of Starting Something Stupid, Richie Norton
- Start with Why, Simon Sinek
- Rising Strong, Brene Brown
- honestly, I’ve listened to this one 3 times
- The Power of Vulnerability, Brene Brown
- The Compound Effect, Darren Hardy
- The Power of Habit, Charles Duhig
- How to Win Friends & Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living Dale Carnegie
- Retire Inspired, Chris Hogan
- The Legacy Journey, Dave Ramsey
- EntreLeadership, Dave Ramsey
- Eat That Frog!, Tracy
- Love Your Life, Not Theirs, Rachel Cruze
- Currently working on: The Big Leap, Gay Hendricks
What have you been reading? Do you have any recommendations? I’m even open for a good novel. In fact, a novel next would be a good change of pace.